Consent to Our Terms and Conditions
Holistiplan may assign you a user ID and a password when you as part of your participation and access to the Services. Your user ID and password may only be used by you. You may not share your user ID and password with anyone else and you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user ID and password.
"Personal Information" refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name and email.
By voluntarily providing us with Personal Information you are consenting to our use of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you provide Personal Information, your Personal Information and all data related to the Service will be stored within the United States. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer to and storage of your Personal Information within the United States.
Holistiplan collects Personal Information in various ways, such as, by your voluntary submissions, through use of the Services, from third parties with your consent, and through cookie and other tracking technology. Holistiplan collects the following information:
Submission of Information
- We collect your Personal Information that you voluntarily provide as part of your use of or the registration process for your use of the Site and Services. This Personal Information is limited to your name, email address, firm name, firm logo file, and the names and email addresses of those employees you set up as users of the system. We DO NOT have access to the password you create. We do not ask for telephone numbers or other identifying information. We will not sell your Personal Information to any third party. We would only share it under circumstances outlined in the "How Information is Shared" section below.
- We also collect user submitted financial information you submit through our platform or Services including tax documents or other relevant financial documents of your third-party customers ("User Submitted Content"). Holistiplan, LLC takes security of this data very seriously. We do not store Social Security numbers or address information in the database. We do store names and non-identifying tax data so we can produce a customized tax report. While Social Security numbers and taxpayer addresses are not stored in our database, the tax return itself does remain on the server unless manually deleted by you or automatically deleted in the event of a canceled subscription. When a tax return file is deleted, all associated data about that tax return is also deleted from our database.
- We also use Google Analytics which collects various actions when you are on our Site or use the Services. We may also collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Services, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on.
How We Use the Information
We use the information we collect for: (1) personalizing your experience; (2) communication and marketing; (3) research and development of features and products; (4) safety and security; (5) legal rights and business interest; and (6) where you provide consent for a specific purpose. How we use the information we collect also depends in part on which Standard Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the Personal Information we collect about you.
To provide the Site and Services and personalize your experience: We use Personal Information to provide a more personalized experience, authenticate you or your device when you log in, to provide customer support and to operate and maintain the Services.
Communication: We use your Personal Information to send certain communications via email, including responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices or updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
You can control whether you want to receive these communications by opting-out whenever you receive such a communication from Holistiplan by using the included opt-out link in any such communication.
For research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our Site and Services smarter, faster, better integrated, more secure and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our Site and Services and feedback provided to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement.
For safety and security: We use information about you and your use of the Site and Services to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of our policies.
To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories with your permission.
How Information is Shared
Note - This section describes Personal Information pertaining to subscribers (i.e. firms using Holistiplan). User Submitted Content, (i.e. client tax return information) will never be disclosed to any outside party unless we are compelled to do so by law, regulation, subpoena, or government requrest in connection with litigation.
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission;
- The disclosure assists in fulfilling the purpose for which the personal information was obtained;
- The Personal Information to be disclosed is otherwise publicly available through no fault of Holistiplan;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
- The disclosure is for our own marketing purposes; or
- The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Services, mailing lists, data analysis, processing orders, and delivering the Services.
The disclosure is, in our sole discretion, desirable for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation.
We may also disclose aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Services to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request.
We use various service providers to host the Site, host the technology used to provide the Services and store and secure the data we collect. We ensure a variety of security measures are implemented by such service providers, including firewalls, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, encryption and authentication tools, to help protect your information.
Specifically, the following service providers are used for the Site and Services:
- We host the Site and data with Amazon’s secure data centers and the Amazon Web Service (“AWS”) technology. You can learn about Amazon’s security here: https://aws.amazon.com/security/
- Newsletters and product emails: Data related to our Newsletters is stored in Mailchimp’s system. You can review MailChimp’s security practices here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Billing is managed through our integration and use of the Stripe payment platform. We do not collect or store billing information. Your billing information is stored and processed by Stripe. You can learn about Stripes security standards and practices here: https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe
Third Party Websites and Links
You are, as data-owner and user of the Site and Service, entitled to (i) access your Personal Information and be informed about the way in which your information is treated, (ii) rectify your Personal Information in case it is not up-to-date, it is inaccurate or incomplete, (iii) ask for your data to be removed if you consider that it is not used in accordance with the applicable principles, duties and obligations, and (iv) object to the processing of your Personal Information for specific purposes. These rights are known as "Personal Rights".
How to Exercise Your Personal Rights
If you decide to exercise your Personal Rights, your request should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with the following information and documentation:
Your ID information and, if applicable, the information of your legal representative. For legal representative, please attach a copy of his/her power-of-attorney.
A clear and precise description of the Personal Information about which the Personal Rights are to be exercised, as well as the right or rights that are to be exercised.
An address where you desire to hear and receive Holistiplan’s response and any future communications and/or notifications, or, in its case, your desire to receive our response and/or future notifications or responses via email, providing us with your email address.
If you prefer to correspond via email, you must expressly state your desire to receive Holistiplan’s response through an email communication, specifying the corresponding email address.
Holistiplan will issue a response within a timely manner following receipt of your request, which will be informed to you using your selected method. Once you receive our response you will have a 20-business day period to respond to our communication. In the event you need to speak with us or in the event you disagree with our response please contact us at email@example.com along with a phone number for us to reach you, in order for Holistiplan to discuss with you any issue. In case you do not reply to our response within the before mentioned period we will understand in good faith that you agree with our conclusion.
If your request refers to your right to access data, Holistiplan will provide you with copies of the information and/or scanned documents.
Holistiplan may refuse the exercise of your Personal Rights in instances permitted by the laws and regulations of the Territories which are applicable to your use and shall inform you about such decision. The refusal may be partial, in which case Holistiplan will carry out the access, rectification, cancellation, deletion, or objection in the corresponding part.
Revocation of Your Consent to The Treatment of Personal Information
You, as data-owner, can revoke your consent to the treatment of your Personal Information in accordance with the procedure set forth above “How to Exercise your Personal Rights”, in the understanding that once we receive your request to revoke your consent we will issue our response within a five-day period.
How to Contact Us