Junior Python Developer (remote position)
Who We Are: Holistiplan is a fast-growing startup in the Financial Technology (FinTech) sector. Just three years old, we’ve already been rated #1 in our category three different times. Our award-winning tax planning software empowers financial planners to serve their clients better and more efficiently by leveraging machine learning to turn their client’s full tax return into a customized tax report in seconds. We believe it’s the future of tax planning, and the nearly 14,000 financial advisors we’ve added as subscribers in our first three years agree.
Who we’re looking for: We’re looking for someone awesome to add to our fun, positive, and hardworking team. More specifically, we’re looking for a team player who can creatively and effectively use the power of coding in a way that allows more financial planners to help more clients–because that’s why our founders (both CFP® Professionals themselves) created the software in the first place.
This person will be as passionate as we are about doing good work. If you are innately curious, a critical thinker, and a natural problem solver, this might be the ideal role for you. We’re especially interested in finding someone with a flair for finding creative solutions instead of just following a script. Organization, attention to detail, and time management will be important too. SaaS or FinTech experience are strongly preferred but not mandatory. It is mandatory that the ideal candidate be a lifelong learner with an interest in becoming knowledgeable and proficient in our industry niche.
Required Qualifications – Please do not apply if you do not possess all of these qualities:
- 1-2 years of experience with Python
- Familiarity with the developer toolkit including command line, git, IDEs – We can teach you how to use all of these, but none of them should be a complete mystery to you.
- Evidence of experience building working applications. Hobby projects count. A homework assignment on how a For loop works does not.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without need for employer sponsorship
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and improve programming skills – What have you built on your own?
- Evidence of excellence in some area, professional or personal
- Effective and friendly communication – both synchronous and asynchronous – across all aspects of the development process (code review, feature and architecture design, troubleshooting, etc.).
Very Helpful Qualifications – Be sure to highlight these in your cover letter if you have any of them
- Front end experience – Especially using Vue.js
- Familiarity with Django
What you can expect:
We are a team that highly values collaboration, invites new ideas, welcomes feedback on how to be more operationally effective, and generally just enjoys building products that actually work and really help our customers. We also give plenty of space for our employees to lean in and focus on what they do best without unnecessary meetings, red tape, and bureaucracy. We are young, agile, and move fast and find that to be additive rather than frustrating.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Company pays 75% of health insurance for employee and 50% for dependents
- 4% match for 401k
- All expenses paid annual company onsite at a hotel and resort
- Fully remote work environment
Cover letter and resume can be sent to email@example.com.