Back End Developer (Django) (remote position)
Who We Are: Holistiplan is a fast-growing startup in the Financial Technology (FinTech) sector. Just three years old, we’ve already been rated #1 in our category three different times. Our award-winning tax planning software empowers financial planners to serve their clients better and more efficiently by leveraging machine learning to turn their client’s full tax return into a customized tax report in seconds. We believe it’s the future of tax planning, and the nearly 14,000 financial advisors we’ve added as subscribers in our first three years agree.
Who we’re looking for: We’re looking for someone awesome to add to our fun, positive, and hardworking team. More specifically, we’re looking for a team player who can creatively and effectively use the power of coding in a way that allows more financial planners to help more clients–because that’s why our founders (both CFP® Professionals themselves) created the software in the first place.
This person will be as passionate as we are about doing good work. If you are innately curious, a critical thinker, and a natural problem solver, this might be the ideal role for you. We’re especially interested in finding someone with a flair for finding creative solutions instead of just following a script. Organization, attention to detail, and time management will be important too. SaaS or FinTech experience are strongly preferred but not mandatory. It is mandatory that the ideal candidate be a lifelong learner with an interest in becoming knowledgeable and proficient in our industry niche.
Required Qualifications – Please do not apply if you do not possess all of these qualities:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the development of web apps
- Strong working knowledge of Django and the Django Rest Framework
- Up to date understanding of Django best practices. (e.g. We might ask your opinion on signals vs. overriding save methods)
- Experience scaling Django apps
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without need for employer sponsorship
- Firsthand experience implementing single sign on using third party authentication providers
- Hunger to make an impact within a small team by innovating and applying your expertise;
- A desire to work remotely while traveling occasionally for team gatherings, conferences, and collaborative work sessions
- Back-end architecture experience and mastery of best practices
- Experience collaborating with designers and converting ideas into efficient code;
- Effective and friendly communication – both synchronous and asynchronous – across all aspects of the development process (code review, feature and architecture design, troubleshooting, etc.).
Very Helpful Qualifications – Be sure to highlight these in your cover letter if you have any of them
- Front end experience – Especially using Vue.js
- Experience implementing real time features using Django Channels and/or WebSockets
What you can expect:
We are a team that highly values collaboration, invites new ideas, welcomes feedback on how to be more operationally effective, and generally just enjoys building products that actually work and really help our customers. We also give plenty of space for our employees to lean in and focus on what they do best without unnecessary meetings, redtape, and bureaucracy. We are young, agile, and move fast and find that to be additive rather than frustrating.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Company pays 75% of health insurance for employee and 50% for dependents
- 4% match for 401k
- All expenses paid annual company onsite at a hotel and resort
- Fully remote work environment
Cover letter and resume can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.